Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Goal:Weight Loss. Mission:Triathlon

Soooo, I have been thinking. I need a goal, otherwise the work I do usually isn't worth more than keeping me from being bored for an extended period of time. Originally, my goal was to lose some belly jelly while honing in on my muscle (you have probably never heard that before, I know). The problem has been, though, that in moving back home, i don't eat when I want and I don't eat what I want. And for about seven (7) months or so, I didn't have any friends in town, and never went out. That said, I am now a whale.

Anyhoo, my goal was to lose this dreaded weight, but not necessarily for any conventionally good reason. I want to be a gladiator next year for Halloween. And I want to be able to take my shirt off and not scare 1/2 to 3/4 of my surrounding population with an over-sized hairy stomach. That said, I was all gravy with this plan until recently, after 5 weeks of gym going and some noticeable physical results, I hadn't lost but a few pounds. I'm not going to stop going or get all depressed or any of that crap, but I think I have found a new motivation.

I think I want to compete in a triathlon. If I do, I have many, many months of available training before it takes place. Plus, when I run I lose weight. Proven track record. I think the swimming will be the hardest part for me (I would imagine it is for most people) so I will work on that the hardest. I'm kind of excited talking about this.

No comments: