Thursday, November 29, 2007

O, Sweet Rejection

So, as many of you loyal readers know, I recently reacquired my testicles. Not in the physical sense; they have always been hangin out, waiting for something to do. But I called them into action, and they responded. I had been battling my natural instinct to ask this girl out. However, I find myself torn between loyalties. I started going to this coffee shop before she started working there. And I like the place a lot.

Let me preface my situation by letting you know that I am not afraid of rejection. I have been there before, and its cool, because better things always await. So, anyhoo, here we go. The coffee shop girl looked really good today. I complemented her and we chatted our normal chit-chat. As I was sitting down drinking my coffee, and I got the urge. I decided I have very little dignity, but I have enough to spare asking this girl out. So I did. This is a summary of how the conversation went as I was leaving today:

HER: (smiling coyly) Bye. Have a good rest of your day.

ME: So, do you have any plans this weekend?

Um, no. Not really.

Well we should hang out. What do you say?

(smiling coyly, once again) Yeah... maybe.

Maybe? Well, let me get your phone number and--

Um, I need to think about it

Think about it...Like I said before, I have indeed been rejected. But holy moly, never have I before been delivered the line I have to think about it. In all honesty, I didn't know how to take it. I thought at first, well hey, maybe this is a joke. But no. I think she was genuinely dissatisfied with my proposition. It doesn't happen often, but at least this rejection is funny enough to write about.

No comments: