Thursday, November 8, 2007

Do I Have Ulcers?

Hypochondria: The persistent conviction that one is or is likely to become ill, often involving symptoms when illness is neither present nor likely, and persisting despite reassurance and medical evidence to the contrary. Also called hypochondriasis.

I'm pretty sure I'm a hypochondriac. The other day I was drinking a cup of coffee (I drink many, many cups throughout the day) when I felt a sudden pain in my belly. I passed it off as nothing until when, a few minutes later, I remembered my boss, who also drank a lot of coffee, had just found out he had ulcers. "Oh my God!!!" I thought to myself. I have ulcers.

This painful realization has riddled my sub-conscience and disallowed me any form of sound sleep. Last night, I had a dream that the doctors found one such ulcer, and when they cut me open to explore it, it turned into a black hole and consumed everything in sight! First the doctor, then the nurse, then I, myself, was sucked into that cavity of good-for-nothingness. Yes, my own stomach ate me.

1 comment:

S. said...

I wouldn't worry too much yet, if I were you. They worrying might make them worse!