Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Kite Runner 2

Ok. So I finished the Kite Runner the other day. At first, I was thrilled with it. I found it to be exhilarating and was, at first, pleased with the outcome. However, after a few days pondering the happenings I have become upset. When Amir and Soraya take Sohrab in to their family, Sohrab acts like a little bitch. Let's be real; yeah, Amir made a promise that he couldn't keep (though it was done with good intention). But he also saved the Sohrab's life twice. Once when he fought Assef (though Sohrab reciprocated the favor, I am well aware) and also when Sohrab slit his wrists.

So, Sohrab, who knows full well that he has no immediate family and that his only true hope for survival rests in his accepting Amir's offer, doesn't have the decency to converse with his aunt and uncle. All because Amir made a promise that he eventually made come true! Ungrateful little bitch.

Sometimes pride really pisses me off. Let me rephrase, pride without understanding pisses me off.


A YEAR! without talking to the only family he has. Asshole.

No comments: