Sunday, January 27, 2008

Superbad

So, after months and months of having it worked up, I finally watched Superbad. I'll be the first to admit, this movie was certainly not funny. For all the hype and the talk-up this movie had received, I was quite ashamed that the few times I laughed involved Michael Cera and Seth Rogan. But let's be real, for the near 2 hours, I think I only chuckled a handful of times. Rather disappointing. I will also be the first to say that Jonah Hill is freaking annoying. He is like a young Lewis Black. Loud obnoxious voices should not be considered funny. Why? Because they're not.

3 comments:

Miss Ticket Stubs said...

Aw! Poor Superbad :( It was one of the better teen comedies I've seen in a while, but then maybe I was just in the mood for brainless, simple humour. And I can never be mean to Michael Cera - he was just too brilliant in Arrested Development (although I accept that Jonah Hill is pretty darn annoying!).

damon said...

But what about McLovin?

Kali said...

Editor Jeff Goldsmith of Screenwriting Magazine interviewed Rogan and the other guy about their film, Superbad. Honestly, they sounded like the stupidest, moronic deuce I have ever heard on any podcast. I usually listen to the podcast before I see the film and I could not get myself to spend 11 bucks after I wasted an hour of my life's listening time that I will never get back.