Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Computer No Workey

So on or about February 9, my computer died. Knowing the [comparatively] decent amount about computers that I do, I came to the conclusion that a sector of my hard drive was bad. The gentleman on the Geek Squad at the local Best Buy agreed. My warranty covered the replacement of the hard drive, but not the data transfer. So I procured a $50 device to transfer the data myself and not give Best Buy $195 to do the same exact thing. The next day I brought it back and it was shipped to a repair facility in Oklahoma.

The repairs were speedier than expected (just under two weeks). But I was sad when told I needed the Windows installation disc, which, after two years and four house moves later, had predictably been misplaced. The reorder from Gateway was 20 unexpected dollars. Fine. I can handle $20. That arrived at my house yesterday. But, when I tried to reinstall windows and my computer did the SAME EXACT thing it did when I took it to be repaired. Did they really replace the hard drive? I don't know. But it doesn't work. So, as a result, my entries have been sparse.

So I apologize for not posting regularly or getting back to your comments in a timely manner. I do appreciate it and hopefully will be back in business soon! Anyway, if you have something to say hit me up at joshua.corbelli@gmail.com (i can check email at work easier than the blog)

No comments: