Monday, December 8, 2008

Is this burning an eternal flame?

Just to clarify, the title has nothing to do with this post. I just heard it on the soft rock station, and I think I'd publically like to add that song to my Confessions posts. And to spare you any surprise or confusion, this post is a little random.

1. I was introduced to the term "Hater Vision" about a year ago. I reside in a city with less than 100,000 people in Northern California. I had never heard of hater vision, but I guess I live a sheltered life because apparently this idea is pretty big. The concept: Have LCD video screens placed in your car, positioned so that only the people driving behind you can see the screen. The logic is flawless: I have so much money, I can afford to give the haters driving behind me something to hate me for. This guy knows what's up:



The mudflap! The goddamn mudflap!


But some people have opted to go achieve "middle-class hater" status.



Kind of interesting, I guess.

2. I spend way too much time Stumbling sites. I have my settings set to find humorous, funny things, so that I may have some refuge from my mundane job. Instead, I find this:



Here's my problem with it: It's not funny! That was supposed to be the "coolest prank to ever pull" but it's really not. Here's what would happen: The teacher would walk into class and say, "Ha, very funny, whoever did this. We are going to have class in the cafeteria because we'll make a mess in here. Before I call the janitor I will file a police report to fingerprint for which one of you little fuckers did this."

Plus, there is nothing grabbing about this. The first thing I thought of was how much time was spent pulling this off. I can bet it totally wasn't worth the effort. In short, I thought way too much about this to think it was funny. In fact, I grew angry at it.

3. Here is the story of a Bored Asshole.

Hey dumbass, here's an idea: Just donate the $7,500 to educational funds, and stop flaunting your affluence just to draw some attention to your bored, useless, pathetic self. While you're at it, throw some my way. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

4.My grandmother read my blog. She said, "I don't get it." It's my birthday today. I might go celebrate this weekend. But probably not. I started this Men's Health program that allows me one [they greatly emphasize this number] beer or wine per night. I guess that brings me to my novel, which is coming along ve-ry slo-wly. I guess it's a pretty common habit, but the plot has changed like 30 times. It usually changes when everybody I know gets married and they all start popping out babies, other peoples' happiness is a little depressing, isn't it? I wonder if there's a pill that can help me focus...


Fuckitol! Of Course!

8 comments:

SassyTwoSocks said...

I love everything about this post.

#1. Waste of money. Just give 'em the finger instead.
#2. Yeah. Ooober-dumb prank. One year, in my highschool, they got a cow on the top of the school, and it took them days to get it down.
#3. What a jerkoff.
#4. My dad read my blog and said "I don't think it's funny." Whatev.

Lastly, Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this blog! It makes my day almost bearable even with the Fucitol

The Josh said...

SASSY: I'm glad you agree.And that wasn't a cow atop your high school. It was me :(

JEN: Glad to be of service. Please not that Fucitol carries with it certain risks like depression, mania, nipple sensitivity, nausea, nose bleeding, liver hemorrhaging, acid reflux disease, more depression and/or mania, and thoughts of suicide, homicide and genocide. If you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, fertile, sterile or lack any form of sex drive, please ask your doctor if Fucitol is for you.

One Hypo said...

I'll bet you savor that one drink each week?

Kirsten said...

I love the mud flaps!!

Elle said...

I would skip the rest of health regiment and just drink the wine. I am sure everybody would be much happier that way.

The Josh said...

HYPO: It's one drink/night, and yes, that 12 ounces of golden nectar is ecstasy.

KIRSTEN: I love mud flaps too. I love them so much I want to kick the TV right out of it and laugh while screaming, "Shoulda donated to charity!"

ELLE: I tried that once. Apparently it's got a name and a 12-step program to go along with it. But yes, I'm sure I would be much more pleasant.

dizzy mom said...

The prank wouldn't be so bad if they were jello shots. I would so help clean up! Will you share your pills with me? Gave you some Humor Blogz love. Happy Belated birthday.